Sunday, December 25, 2005

Welcome to DC Cab Rider

I've lived in DC for almost 25 years now, and love to ride in cabs. Well, the thing is, I don't have a car. Sold mine a few months after moving into Adams Morgan and discovering that parking spaces exist only in theory.

So I became a public transportation fiend. Buses, Metro, and taxis. And there are just so many interesting and sometimes bizarre taxi experiences I've had that I just wanted to blog about it. And hopefully hear from other DC cab riders.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 PM, Blogger Waage said...

Great idea.

My favorite DC cab ride recently was the one during which my holy roller cabbie started talking about religion, saying that the Republican party are hardly Christian in their outlook on the federal budget. "This guy is kinda cool," I thought. But then he asked me what religion I practiced, I told him I was a Unitarian, and he proceeded to tear me (and the UU church in general) apart. Sorry man--no tip this time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home