Sunday, December 25, 2005

Yellow vs. Diamond -- Who Do You Call?

There have been a number of times I haven't felt comfortable going home by bus or walking from the metro. It's been late enough and the area I live in sometimes questionable enough that I just like the security of having a cab drop me off.

But who to call? Yellow and Diamond are the biggies in the phone book, each promising great service in their ads. Yellow usually makes you listen to a recorded spiel that reminds you that if you don't stick near the phone, or if they get a busy signal, your cab is history. Diamond, on the other hand, sometimes asks me to stick by the phone, sometimes note. And the result? I've had Diamond cabs waiting outside my office and then leaving because I was inside waiting for the phone call that isn't coming.

On the other hand, if you don't want to wait around in your office, odds are good that Diamond will probably send someone, whether or not they've asked you to wait by the phone.

I know, I know, I need to get a cell phone. But jeez, I HATE cell phones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home