Wednesday, August 16, 2006

No Politics, Please, I Haven't Had My Coffee Yet

I've got political views (although I live in DC, I've never worked for a political party or rep - disclaimer lol). But I usually don't have them at 7:30 in the morning when I'm trying to get to a meeting and haven't had any coffee yet -having just barely made it out of the house in clothes and with my purse to begin with.

So I have to get the driver who REALLY wants to talk about the people being held in Britain for the liquid/gel airline bombing plan. He definately had some pretty strong views on the topic, and I probably agreed with one or two and would have been glad to hear / debate / chat on all of it.

But not at 7:30 in the morning - and not without any coffee!!!!

Take pity on the poor riders when you launch into your political lectures. Grunting/nodding and ignoring means "Please let me get coffee first!!!"

5 Comments:

At 6:55 PM, Blogger Washington Cube said...

Who are these people? Communists? Coffee first. Re-enter the world, second.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Actually, its "Coffee First"
Then "Brain Orientation" and finally (& reluctently) "Re-enter the World".

The last one is solely at the option of the individual.

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Joann said...

I rather talk about myself. ha-ha.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger DC Cab Rider said...

charterjames - Well, how lucky of you to have drawn that driver. It reminds me of the guy who used to stand on the corner of Connecticut & K in DC with a large sign that read, "The CIA speaks to me through the screen at the Circle Theater." Of course maybe they were giving him directions to finding those books. Ya never know ;)

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

i'm sure taxi drivers tell us these stories as an internal joke thing.

i can imagine back at the taxi rank there's a leaderboard for the driver who's told the best stories to passengers :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home