Thursday, November 15, 2007

Huh?

Just about every cab ride I've taken lately has involved the driver asking me what I think about the meter issue (ok, not every ride, only when I'm traveling alone. Drivers are usually nice enough not to interrupt when I'm chatting with friend/co-worker in cab).

My favorite conversations have been almost identical with two different drivers. Each asked me what I thought, and my answer was that I didn't really care one way or the other. Each then launched into a monologue about how it would cost me more money under the meter system (as one pointed out repeatedly - "see, we're stopped now. That's costing you money under meters.") and tell me I should work against them.

And each time I asked the driver - so if meters cost me more - they make more money for you, so you must love them. Why don't you?

No real response either time.

3 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Well, the multi fare pick-ups will soon be a thing of the past.

 
At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I added your blog "DC Cab Rider" to my Taxi Blogroll knowing that visitors might be interested in visiting. I hope you can add my taxi blog to your blogroll too. All the best!

Mark
http://cabbyadvice.blogspot.com

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Lugosi said...

How dare you inject logic into the discussion!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home