Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Sitting and Waiting - Forever?

This just makes no sense to me. I had lunch today at Union Station (local train station). On the way out I noticed a huge line of cabs going up to the parking area. There were at least 20 that I could count. Now the line they're in goes to another part of the station, which means there were cabs lined up one after the other for the two blocks of the parking lot, plus the block on the other side, and half block waiting for riders.

I watched for 10 minutes and the line didn't move an inch.

Who sits and waits like that?

3 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Blogger Lugosi said...

Um.... Cab drivers?

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger DC Cab Rider said...

How much money can they make in a day if they spend half of it waiting in line at Union Station?

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Lugosi said...

Not much, but if there's no business to be had, sitting in a line beats driving around empty burning $3.00 a gallon gas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home