Monday, December 26, 2005

Watch Out for This Cabbie

The fella who drives Dial Cab #58 is quite the wild driver. He's got a postcard of Jesus rubberbanded to his sun shield, a cross hanging from the rear view mirror and a cross on the dashboard. That must be what's kept him alive all this time. I rode from Wisconsin Avenue to downtown in this cab and I can't believe we didn't hit anything. One of those guys who is constantly changing lanes to get 3 feet ahead, and in the end, we were pretty much in the same place we would have been originally.

And I do feel for the people who dared to cross in the crosswalk when they had the light, yes, the guy leaning on the horn for you to hurry was my cab. Sorry!

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got in a Dial Cab early this morning, going from Cleveland Park to Columbia Heights - and left in tears because the cab driver refused to stop yelling at me, AND he charged me $17.00 ($5.00 extra to stop at an ATM on the way!) It was by far the worst cab experience I've had in DC.

Because I was so flustered I forgot to take down any of his information - but I'll certainly never use there service again. Oy.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger DC Cab Rider said...

Sorry to hear your story. I've had a few bad experiences with the Dial Cabs too. Maybe somebody has a good Dial Cab story.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home