Friday, March 31, 2006

Huh?

Was in a cab the other day with a driver who had the radio turned up a bit louder than I'm used to. And fine enough if the speaker was only up with him, but there was a speaker in the back, just behind my head. It was music, not talk radio, so I lived with it, at least the music was good. But then he asked me a question. I could tell because he turned towards me a bit and sound was coming from his mouth. I put my hand to my ear and said, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you." So he repeated it, in the same tone, unfortuantely. "I'm sorry, I CAN'T hear you" was my next reply. We did this a couple more times before he finally figured out the radio was louder than he was.

The question he was trying to ask me?

Is the music too loud?

LOL

4 Comments:

At 2:44 AM, Blogger Joann said...

funny.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

cool blog. looks like we have a shared hobby :)

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger DC Cab Rider said...

Welcome Mark, would love to hear some of your stories of riding in DC cabs.

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Anyone ever see a cabbie watching movies from a portable DVD player or computer (perhaps between fares?) to fend off boredom or routine?
I'm doing a piece for the New York Times (feel free to google Mary M. Chapman) and would love some comment. Apparently, this sort of cabbie activity is on the rise. Please email me at MMChap622@aol.com.

Many thanks! -Mary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home