Saturday, January 14, 2006

Calling Yellow Cab

For the second time last night I called Yellow Cab to get a ride home late after work. I should have learned from my first experience. For whatever reason, calling them after 7, I've found the phone rings and rings and rings, or is busy. Then when I finally got an answer, that "5 to 20" minutes we'll call you back ends up being 30 minutes without anyone calling at all.

So I finally gave up and walked a few blocks to a busy street and found a cab. It's not that I don't like walking, it's that I do get a bit nervous in my work neighborhood walking in the dark.

2 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, Blogger dcbubble.blogspot said...

More power to another 40 something without motorized public tranport. Long live the 42 bus and skirting the florida ave./u street zone line.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger nanadc said...

hey! try living in the north east where cabs REFUSE to come pick you up. i've had to wait over an hour for a cab to pick me up after hearing the "between five to 30 minutes" wait time.

gah.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home