Monday, April 10, 2006

My Own Personal Poetry Reading

Had a cab ride home the other night by a man who announced that he recites his poetry for passengers, and gave me a copy of his book "Power of Pen" to look through. I'm not much for poetry, I can recite a few lines of old English poets with the best of them, but that's about it. But what was so much fun was the joy he had reciting his poetry. He got so animated while reciting at a couple of points that his hand was waving about in the air and I thought for a moment -- "is this safe driving?" LOL

Anyway, definately a ride out of the usual.

3 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Isn't it nice to meet a driver that actually has a functioning brain?

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

M-C-D

I drive a cab on the island of Mau'i, Hawai'i.

I am a former deputy sheriff from the San Francisco/Oakland Bay area.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

I should mention that my blog Paradise Driver had a translator on it to facilitate its use by non-english readers.

If you are using FIREFOX as your browser, it will be at the top right of the sidebar. If you use MSIE, you'll have to scroll down to find the translator. MSIE doesn't render my blog, among others, very well.

Just another problem to deal with when using MSIE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home