Friday, June 30, 2006

Woman Walking Here Buddy

Ok, so I can't pull off a Ratzo Rizzo. I was over at the L'Enfant Plaza court yesterday, and was crossing the street to go to the Starbucks in the Holiday Inn there. As I'm crossing, in a crosswalk, with the light, a cab (moving slowly thank goodness, or I wouldn't be here), runs the red light, with this little old man at the wheel, focusing I guess, on the line of cabs in front of the Holiday Inn, instead of the woman in the crosswalk. I jumped back, and he didn't even notice that, just kept rolling into the hotel space.

I went into the Starbucks and was enjoying looking over some documents and drinking a nice Banana Coconut Frappuccino when I noticed a woman got into that old guy's cab. She sat there for a few minutes, then she got out, slamming the door and marched into the Starbucks. So of course I HAD to keep watching. She sat down near the window and pulled out her phone, dialed information for the DC Cab Commission and after sitting on what was probably hold for long enough to get her drink and sit back down, let fly with an earful to whoever answered that call. Apparently the driver refused to take her to wherever it was she wanted to go. I couldn't hear it all without going over to sit with her (ok, thought about it ... "Miss, I have a DC cab rider blog, tell me your troubles" LOL). I don't know where she was going, but according to her, the driver told her that he wasn't going there because he wanted to go home.

1 Comments:

At 8:33 AM, Blogger DC Cab Rider said...

That's your comment? No, "Hey glad he wasn't going faster and didn't kill you?" LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home