Tuesday, June 27, 2006

A Shout Out from Wet Washington

We seem to be on the down side of the rain/flood series we've been having here. According to the news, we've had over 13" of rain in the last 48 hours, which is more than 1/3 of our yearly rain total.

It's messed up metro, streets, offices, houses, just about everything. Fortunately our place didn't flood, we've got a better basement than I thought! And my office also has survived. But it's pretty freaky going along some of the streets and seeing water being fired out of office basements into the streets (that are already pretty well filled).

I haven't needed to take a cab anywhere during all of this, which is probably just as well. Haven't seen that many when I've been out. I think folks are all trying to dry out basements or not wanting to deal with the traffic messes.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 PM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

People do tend to forget that DC was built on a swamp. The name of the swamp was "Foggy Bottom".

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the traffic was the worst I have ever seen. First couple days Constitution Ave, sections of Independence Ave and Roack Creek parkway were closed. I picked up a fare from Downtown going to Georgetown, it took me a little over an hour to get there. That was it for me working anymore for a couple of days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home