Friday, December 08, 2006

Left this on Blank Top Chronicles -- but thought I'd put it here too

Ok, so I don't call for cabs much, but really. This from Wednesday:

Me: I'd like a cab please
Her: What's your destination?
Me: National Airport
Her: I don't need that, I need your address first.
Me: But you ASKED for my destination.
Her: No I didn't.
Me: Ok, I don't want to be difficult, but you did, and that's my destination.
Her: I didn't ask for your destination.
Me: Ok, well can I get a cab?
Her: [I SWEAR] What's your destination?
Me: You just did it again! My destination is National Airport. But that's not where I am now.
Her: So where are you NOW?
Me: [gives my address]
Her: And your destination?
Me: [hitting head with phone in my mind] National Airport.
Her: Ok.
hangs up.

uhh... any thoughts on when the cab might actually come? No phone number wanted? I figured she was blowing me off and just called a different company. Did get to the airport on time anyhow.

8 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Ah, give the girl a break. She had just finished her second joint of the morning and you were really bumming out her "high".


LOL!!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger MGD said...

Yeah, probably not a high bar that they set when hiring for cab dispatchers. “Can you sit for long hours?” - “Yes” – “Great you’re hired.”

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

Try to dispatch in a cab company with 400 cabs, I bet you would not last for couple of hours Cranky Monkey......to be an operator that's another thing!

 
At 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet she thought "destination" and "location" meant the same thing...I've seen and heard customer service people do this before....they are so young, and they don't understand the world fully...and they don't know old school terms like "baker's dozen" etc...it's pitiful......

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

Happy New Year!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey - what happened to Blank Top Chronicles? I just get a blog removed message there now.

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Just Nick said...

@anonymous:

you think its pitiful that some young people don't know that bakers dozen means thirteen?

You should try to worry about things that matter.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger S/A said...

She was probably saying location when you were hearing destination.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home