Saturday, November 04, 2006

Shut Up 311!

Too much fun on a cab this morning, I had to share. I took a cab to the airport today (up to NYC for a meeting, back now). And made notes on it so I wouldn't forget to write it up when I got back into DC.

Diamond cab (surely not our Mad Cabbie, though) #311 was apparently driving the dispatcher nuts. Since all we got was the dispatcher's side of things, that's all I can share, but was amusing.

Dispatcher:
"What's that 311?"
--
"What do you WANT 311?"
--
"SHUT UP 311!!!!!" (dispatcher just shouting now)
--
[A minute or two of directions and chat with other drivers]
--
"311, all I can hear from you is 'airport, need soon.' What are you doing in Virginia? You're supposed to be in Georgetown?"
--
"311 I can't hear a thing you're saying"
--
"SHUT UP 311!"
--
[A few more discussions with other drivers]
--
"311 will you get off the air!"

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Cab #311, where are you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home