Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New Poll - The DC Cab Strike

Is it working? Is it just pissing people off? Or do you even know that cabbies have been striking once and a while now? (Last one was Valentine's Day). A cabbie told me yesterday that the new methodology is not to tell people in advance that there is a strike, this way hotels and restaurants can't prepare themselves.

Ok, but on the other hand, people who need a cab won't know until it's too late for them, which probably won't make them great supporters of cabbies' issues. Nor will people who just need a cab that day, and who will probably just move into metro after not waving anyone down in a few minutes. In other words - if you call a cab strike but don't announce it, does anybody notice?

p.s., with the new poll, you can leave a comment, if you like.

In other topics - the final result of the last poll - Thoughts on DC Meter Rates. Results by votes:

I'm happy and looking forward to it - 27
Should dump the $1 for fuel charge - 22
Love dumping rush hour surcharge - 21
Drivers will make more money - 16
Passengers will save money - 15
Will be about the same as now - 11
I'm a driver who is going to strike in protest - 8
Rate should increase over 1/6 mile - 5
Rate should increase in less than 1/6 mile - 2

3 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

Hi DCCR, How are you? Can you please email me at maddccabbie@yahoo.com

I need to talk to you about something!

Thanks!

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Hey, DCCR. A lady (reporter?) from the Washington Post e-mailed me trying to find a way to contact you.

Probably the same reason Mad Cabbie is looking to contact you. If not, you can e-mail me through my link at my website and I'll give you her e-mail addy.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

Thanks Wil, thats exactly why I wanted her to email me...

You still have that cop sense in you Wil!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home