Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Why Didn't I Write Down the Cab Info?

Some months ago, during evening rush hour, I hailed a cab and needed to go from my office on the Hill to a friend's dinner party off of New Mexico Ave. It's a long ways, I grant you, but the number of buses I'd have to take to get there would take far too long.

The first cab I hailed (all I remember is that it was blue) - I got in, gave the cabbie the address, and he shook his head, muttered something then said, "no, no, that's too far" and asked me to get out. Foolishly, I did. And ended up in another cab (I gave the driver double the amount for the ride, just out of stupid spite).

Has anyone else had this problem - cabbies that refuse to take you where you need to go? And how have you handled it?

2 Comments:

At 10:25 PM, Blogger El Guapo in DC said...

Mi amigo, it is illegal for them to refuse to take you where you wish to go. You have the legal right to stay in the cab and demand to be taken where you need to go. If you refuse to get out of the cab they take you eventually. They have to pay mucho dinero if you call the cops. Don't let them treat you like a wet Bolivian.

Mucho Amor,

El Guapo

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger The Boy said...

In that case, you just tell them to take you to the nearest police station.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home