Friday, April 28, 2006

There is a Right Side of the Road

One thing I always try and do is stand on the right side of the street when hailing a cab. If I'm going west, I stand on that side of the street (even if that street is Penn ave. downtown where there's a whole lot of lanes to cross in annoying traffic). Not everybody does that, but I don't see so many of them in one night. Last night was riding in a cab going north on Wisconsin. We got flagged by 3 different folks wanting a cab (it's a DC thing, sharing is ok). So we stop so the driver can ask where they're going - if it's the same direction, they can get in. Each and every one of them was going downtown (south, the opposite direction). After the third one, driver & I were both just laughing at it. Figured that there was a breakdown in thinking last night.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

Somehow the "flagging" of northbound cabs to go south kind of fits with the way DC runs the country.

This is an apolitical statement.

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - oh Wil, I guess somebody would have said it sooner or later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home