Tuesday, September 19, 2006

What's Your Honking Philosophy?

Now I don't own a car, but I do rent and borrow them from time to time. And I've noticed that there are a wide range of honking philosophies in DC. Mine is using the horn in only 2 instances. 1) to warn of immediate danger; and 2) when passing by ex-high school math teacher's house and only when in friend's car.

I've noticed drivers who seem to enjoy honking for the heck of it, those who do it when folks honk at them for doing something stupid, and dozens of other reasons.

What is YOUR honking philosophy?

3 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger MJ06 said...

So far the only time I ever honked a car horn was when there was a car infront of me sitting at a green light for more then what seemed to be 3 seconds.

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice set of legs usually get some of my honking attentions!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger DC Cab Rider said...

Mad Cabbie, please tell me that you follow that up by leaning out of the window and shouting "hey mama, shake that thing" or "whoo whoo" because as I'm sure you know from experience that is really the sort of thing that turns us on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home