Tuesday, January 16, 2007

So much has happened

Yup, been quiet lately. Where to start. Oh who knows. Learned in December that I had to leave my great apartment in Columbia Heights. I thought I had more time than I did. But turns out I had to leave by the first week in January. So I'm out of there and moved in with a friend. The only place we could afford is over on Connecticut Ave. with all the dull folk. It's definately not a neighborhood in any sense of the word. But it's affordable. Who would think that my apartment that has been only blocks away from murders, and the block of so many muggings would now be part of a building being sold for a huge chunk of change.

Anyhow, finally got most of our stuff moved in, lots still in boxes. Still trying to figure my way around. At some point I'll start posting again. I have to learn new taxi rates! I have no idea how much it costs to take a cab from here. Probably more than I can afford. More later.

2 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

The Kennedy-Warren apartments on Connecticut Ave at $4,000/month is the only place you can afford DCCR?

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger DC Cab Rider said...

Well MC, maybe the Kennedy-Warren is where you can afford to live, but we're up the street a bit, beyond metro territory in a 2 b-room for the low, low price of $2100. Since my roommie works in Bethesda, this is a compromise spot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home