Sunday, May 27, 2007

Don't Yell at Me!

Got in a cab a couple of weeks ago, shut the door. I did NOT slam it, really. I can barely get them closed most of the time, slamming one is beyond my arm strength. Well the driver turned around after I shut the door and screamed at me: "Can't you read? The sign says don't slam the door!" I didn't slam it, I said, but I'm sorry if I pulled it too hard. "You slammed the door, just admit it." He yelled back. I sat there, wondering what his problem was, and started to give him the address. "You slammed the door!" he yelled again. We're still standing still - not going anywhere.

I didn't want a piece of his mental breakdown, so I got out of the cab and -- you can guess, I'm sure -- Slammed that door as hard as I could and went to flag down a different cab.

5 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Paradise Driver said...

I am proud of you.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger NYC taxi photo said...

yeah, it would have only gotten worse i'm sure.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

That's why I like my heavy Chevy Caprice DCCR, you need to be a body builder to slam my door.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If that's not an ad for public transportation, I don't know what is!

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Ted Martin said...

People sometimes slam my doors, too. More often then not they give me a sheepish look and apologize. I always say the same thing: "It's only a taxi. Don't worry about it."

If Fred, our mechanic, reads this, I'm gonna get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home