Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Diamond Cab silliness

This is what I get for posting this after a day full of meetings. And for not writing it down when it happened. Mad Cabbie is going to yell at me. Was on our way to a meeting this morning in a Diamond Cab and the dispatcher was having a tough time with one of his drivers. Unfortunately, I can't remember if it was #320 or #350, but it was one of those. The dispatcher kept asking that driver to be quiet, must have been at least 10 times in the space of a couple of minutes. Finally he gave the guy an address and said for him to go get it. Next thing you know, the dispatcher comes back on, saying that the annoying guy didn't want it after all and another cab should take it.

The dispatcher's side of the conversation was pretty amusing, and because I didn't write things down, I'm doing a crappy job of telling this story. So I'm going to stop now. ;)

3 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

Usually those nasty ass dispatchers are the real good ones who can really dispatch....I know most of the dispatchers, they are real cool guys. The most loud mouth and rude dispatcher has to be Phil but he is the best of what he does...I 'd rather have a rude dispatcher who can move the calls than a nice one who can't do shit...It's not easy to deal with 300 drivers at once.

By the way you are on a roll aren't you? posting two days in a row!

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do 2 days in a row make up for weeks of neglect? The dispatcher certainly sounded like he was annoyed at the guy who wasn't falling into line.

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger brokemoto said...

Allright, whoTF are you, Mad Cabbie? I can not quite tell from your photograph.

We do not have a #350, but we have a #320, and he fits the description--difficult guy to work with. He is one of those rhythm breakers who picks up his microphone and starts to ratchet-jaw. He cares not what you may be doing and to whom you might be speaking. And Heaven help you if you do not answer him right away. I have spared him the barking--for now. I have actually talked to him a few times in the office and he has gotten better.

Some of these guys can be quite annoying. What is really annoying is that they expect me to do all the work but will not let me collect the fare.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home