Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Calling Cabs?

Ok, I'll bite. Why do all the cabs in this city have their phone numbers painted on the side of the cab? I can see it for companies that have lots of cabs - yellow & diamond, but for cabs that are one-guy operations, why a phone number?

Is it because as I'm standing by the side of a road and no cabs are around I'm going to remember the phone number for Alike Zahkewr's cab and he'll come speeding over when I call?

Mad Cabbie - help us out here. Is this a law? tradition? Or just weirdness?

4 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger PalacePool said...

My guess is that it is part of the regs for registering a cab. however, as i mentioned in my blog, it doesnt matter which company (or indie operator) you call, if you life in NE, they aint coming....

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

Palacepool is correct DCCR, by law they have to put their phone number on the door...The chances are those numbers don't work!

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the law to that the phone number has to be on the front door and the Taxi Company on the back door because every other cab in the US is just the opposite of that?
(MJ06)

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used the phonebook Friday night to find the number of Yellow Cab, and called to reserve a cab to get me to my 5:25 AM train out of Union Station. They showed up, but not until they were 45 minutes late and I missed my train, costing me $30 to catch the next one. When I made repeated calls as I waited, the company reps on the phone kept saying "Your cab will be there shortly" and got angry if I asked for more information.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home