Thursday, March 20, 2008

She and He/She?

The cab I hopped into yesterday morning was driven by a woman. She's the 3rd woman driver I've run into in DC since I started paying attention to such things a few years ago. So what are the odds that I'd ride in a cab driven by a woman again tonight?

Well, not sure about odds, but definitely not sure about gender.

A friend & I took a cab after dinner back home. We obviously didn't spend too much time addressing or looking at the driver. After we'd gotten out, I asked my friend, "how much did you tip him?"

"Him who"? was his response.

"The driver, of course,"
"You mean her?"
"Her? That wasn't a woman, that was a guy."
"No, it was a woman."

Well after debating finer points (hand size, hair style, voice) we decided that the driver was ...
well, we couldn't come to a decision. I ended up thinking that maybe it was a woman just as my friend decided that it was probably a guy.

At any rate he/she wasn't the world's best driver - but other than that, no complaints. Other than not having a clue as to actual gender :).

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

If that driver turned out to be a chic, I guess she has to be one ugly ass woman that had you guys debate over her gender!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

And stop bashing Diamond cab #926, he just have a little emotional problems that's all!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger DC Cab Rider said...

Yes, apparently so! (on both cases)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home