Friday, May 12, 2006

The Perfect Rider - The Perfect Driver

My perfect taxi driver -- some things depend on the time of day. (In the morning, it's the person who doesn't talk to me, since I'm barely awake, but plays NPR so I can still hear what's going on in the world if I want to. Other times, it's someone who is happy or smiles, laughs at traffic or the world or shares an interesting or amusing story).

Day or night, it's the guy who doesn't open the door to spit on the street when we stop at a light. Or constantly blows the horn at other cars. Or randomly yells at other drivers. Or complains excessively (the whole trip) about high gas prices, the war or Bush (I probably agree, but after the first 10 mintutes I begin to feel trapped in a lecture hall I can't escape). Most of all, my perfect driver doesn't give me grief about where I need to go.

So that's my perfect driver (and I get a lot of them, the bad examples I'm pleased to say are not that common).

What's the perfect rider?

4 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

PERFECT RIDER
-SMELL GOOD.
-FUNNY.
-DOESN'T BITCH ABOUT THE FARE.
-DON'T GIVE DIRECTIONS.
-HAVE THE FARE READY.
-DON'T SHOOT DRIVER.

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Mad Cabbie said...

And I forgot, Don't tell me you are in a hurry. I don't give a fuck even George Bush is in the back seat, I will not break any law for extra couple of bucks tip. So when they tell me they are in a hurry, I say " I am not!" and I take my time driving.

Usually people in a hurry are lazy and disorganized individuals who think they are efficient with time but acomplish nothing in life.

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a cab driver I try to "feel" my customer out in the first few minutes. After 10 years on the job I can read body language. If the customer wants to talk we will. If not, thats ok too. However, mr cab rider, most people nowadays are on their damn cell phones while in the cab. That's rude. Simple.

We use a meter here in Tampa. I hear in DC they use a grid flat rate.

Oh, we will beat the hell out of the Redskins this year. Hopefully it will be in the NFC championship game. Your fans were down here last year for a playoff game and the were the worst we have ever had. I love Joe Gibbs by the way.

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paris online Taxi , a new concept in the taxis in paris, Need partners from all over the world. Contact us at parisonlinetaxi@yahoo.fr or www.Paris-online-taxi.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home