Friday, May 19, 2006

Bad Cabbie!

Dang this makes me mad. Tried to find a cab for 10 minutes on a downtown DC street, needed to go only a couple of miles, but metro and buses were far away & I was in a rush. Cab finally stops, the guy only rolls down his window and asks for the address. When I give it, he shakes his head and speeds off, only to pick up a woman and guy half a block down.

Too pissed off to get his license or cab company (black cab). But really man, I wasn't asking to go into a horrible section of the city, or one really far away. Whatever the problem was. If you're going to screen passengers, I guess make sure you get a dope like me who doesn't write down your info.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger MJ06 said...

Are your cabs in DC smoking or non smoking because I know in New York your not allowed to smoke at all in the cabs here in Cleveland I think every body smokes in the cabs I consatanly see cab drivers in cleveland smoking in there cabs so I just want to know the law on that?

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger DC Cab Rider said...

There's no one rule, but most of the drivers I've had don't smoke (in their cabs at least). Some have no smoking signs. A couple of asked me if it's ok if they smoke, and I said sure if it's nice enough out that we can open the windows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home